Homegrown Talent Initiative
Ready for What’s Next
In the Clear Creek school district, we’re working together to ensure all students are prepared for the future, through our partnership with the Homegrown Talent Initiative (HTI). We’re bringing together business, higher education, and community leaders to reimagine learning. Together, we will create career-based experiences that give students a head start in life and grow the local talent that will help our community thrive.
In Clear Creek schools, our vision is clear: students will be empowered in securing meaningful life experiences and career endeavors. We will get there by providing multiple pathways to graduation and engaging career experiences from pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade.
Our HTI collaboration will help us get there by ensuring that the instruction and authentic experiences we offer meet our community’s needs, and reflect the wisdom and expertise of our business, non-profit, and civic leaders.
As a community, we answered the question: What characteristics should define a Clear Creek graduate?
Critical Thinking Collaboration
What We’ve Accomplished
- Created a new Bicycle Technician industry certification program (Project Bike Tech), helping students prepare for careers in our growing cycling sector
- Forged a partnership with JeffCo Schools to offer Career & Technical Education -- 15 students participated in our first year implementing HTI
- Increased concurrent enrollment opportunities to earn college credit as a high school student
- Laid the foundation for a new, robust internship program
- Infused the Graduate Profile throughout the classroom experience, kindergarten through twelfth grade
A Clear Advantage
In our mountain community, residents and visitors love to bike. The industry surrounding this passion is growing, and new career opportunities are expanding along with it. In the 2020-21 school year, Clear Creek School District offered a Bicycle Technician industry certification opportunity. Some of the 16 students who took part had never ridden a bike; others were accomplished racers. No matter their experience level, students earned an industry-recognized certificate that will propel them toward new opportunities right here in Clear Creek.
- Expand industry certifications based on students’ career interests
- Offer new internship, apprenticeship, job shadow, and capstone opportunities
- Infuse flexibility into scheduling so that students are able to participate in career experiences during the school day